BOIS-CAIMAN-1791-CLUB ist auf und Mach mit !

The Testimony Of My Transition To Afrikan Consciousness

The Testimony Of My Transition To Afrikan Consciousness


by Dr. Ray Hagins


Maat-Hotep Brothers & Sisters,

My (birth) name is Ray Hagins. My spiritual name is Sa Ra Ankhotep Maakheru Setep En Ra (which means “a son of God, who has been chosen by God to be a teacher of truth bringing (or giving) life and peace).” I presently serve as the Chief Elder and Pastor of The Afrikan Village (formerly New Ephesus Missionary Baptist) Church in St. Louis, Missouri.

Many people have asked me about how I made the transition from a Pentecostal minister (who was “sold out” for the so-called gospel of Jesus Christ) to an Afrikan conscious minister and warrior for the liberation of Black Afrikan people. After sharing my testimony with another minister, he suggested that I post the testimony of my transition into Afrikan consciousness on the Internet in hopes of inspiring other brothers and sisters who may be at the point of coming into an Afrikan awareness from the quantum deception of European philosophical and religious thought. I pray that my testimony will help to strengthen and inspire others who are at the crossroad of right knowledge.

In 1987 I was invited to a meeting of about 25 Black men (educators, businessmen, community leaders, and 3 ministers) in my hometown of Paterson, New Jersey. Although the meeting had not started, we were informally talking about what needed to be done to enhance our community. Suddenly, I overheard one of the brothers say, "We need to get this European Jesus out of the minds of our people, and realize that the original virgin-born Christ was named Horus."

I couldn’t believe what I had just heard! Immediately, everything in me shut down and I went into “battle station” mode. I mean, I IMMEDIATELY went to "Def-Con 1" (“Def-Con” is a military phrase, which means "Defense Condition." Def-Con 5 is peacetime, Def-Con 4 is combat preparedness, Def-Con 3 is combat readiness, Def-Con 2 is at combat station, and Def-Con 1 means, “engage the enemy”).

I stepped over to this brother and said, "What do you mean Jesus' name was Horace?" (I thought he was saying H-O-R-A-C-E.) He responded, "It WAS Horus. The first virgin-born, Christ-child was Horus of Egypt and the first record of his birth dates back to over 6,000 years B.C."

Well, I, (with my sincere, but ignorant self), stood in the middle of the floor and said, "Brothers, I am sorry to have to leave, but ANYBODY who refuses to accept Jesus is a deceiver and is of the devil. I rebuke you in the name of Jesus and I plead the blood of Jesus in this place." (NOTE: I said this because I honestly felt that I was in the midst of satanic agents.) Now, understand, these were Black men who were aware of the truth of our Afrikan history, and I saw my own (Black) brothers as agents of satan!!! Now, did Euro-Gentile Cultural Imperialism and Supremacy (via my "Christian" training) do a job on me or what?

I left that meeting and actually declared war on these men. I misused my radio show (and later my TV show) to blast these men. I felt that it was my "sacred duty" to defend the gospel of Jesus Christ and warn as many people as I could about these Black men (who I genuinely mis-perceived as) agents of the devil. I did this for well over a year.

The 3rd Sunday in March of 1991, as I stood up to preach at my former church in Paterson, NJ, just as I was about to read the text for the message, which was Romans 8:28, it seemed as though someone whispered in my right ear, "Did people know God BEFORE Moses went up on the mountain?"

I actually turned around to see who was there because it was just that audible and clear. I told the congregation, "Y'all…wait a minute! This question just popped into my head (then I told them what it was). It wasn't that significant for them, but it was VERY significant for me because ALL of my theology was based in Moses coming down off the mountain with the "Ten Commandments" (or "The Law"). I will never forget that day because it was the day that I began to THINK! I actually exercised my critical thinking faculties and scrutinized what I had been taught all my life.

I asked myself, “Did Moses have a God-consciousness BEFORE talking with God on the mountain?”
A few days later, during my devotions, I stumbled across Acts 7:20-22, which states: "In which time Moses was born, and was exceeding fair, and nourished up in his father's house three months: And when he was cast out, Pharaoh's daughter took him up, and nourished him for her own son. And Moses was learned in ALL THE WISDOM OF THE EGYPTIANS, and was mighty in words and in deeds."
I looked up the word "wisdom" (as it was used in that particular verse); it comes from the Greek word "sophia," which means, "skill and discretion in imparting the truth of God; the knowledge and practice of the requisites for godly and upright living; supreme intelligence, such as belongs to God; the wisdom of God as evidenced in forming and executing counsels in the formation and government of the world and the scriptures." I said, WAIT A MINUTE!!! Moses got THIS from the Egyptians!!!

(NOTE: Throughout my theological training I was taught that the Egyptians were barbaric, ignorant, enemies of and cursed by God).

Several days later, as I was coming from a meeting in downtown Paterson, my car was parked in front of an old book store that sold used books called Bazaar Books. I had passed this store hundreds of times over the years and NEVER had the slightest inclination to go inside; but this particular day I was moved to go inside and browse around. Of course, the only area that really interested me was Religion & Philosophy.

I picked up a book entitled, "Osiris & The Egyptian Resurrection" (Part 1) by E.A. Wallis Budge. The idea of an Egyptian "RESURRECTION" caught my attention. I opened the front cover to the preface and came across the following words:

"The central figure of the ancient Egyptian Religion was Osiris, and the chief fundamentals of his cult were the BELIEF IN HIS DIVINITY, DEATH, RESURRECTION, and absolute control of the destinies of the bodies and souls of men. The central point of each Osirian's Religion was his HOPE OF RESURRECTION IN A TRANSFORMED BODY AND OF IMMORTALITY, WHICH COULD ONLY BE REALIZED BY HIM THROUGH THE DEATH AND RESURRECTION OF OSIRIS."

I literally shouted out, "WHAT IS THIS?" I immediately suffered what we psychologists call "cognitive dissonance." I knew that this was EXACTLY what I had believed since I was a child and preached for almost 20 years, but the central figure of MY belief and message was a man called "Jesus Christ." What really bothered me was, according to what I had been taught, Jesus Christ was the ONLY person about whom such a message applied. Then when I read that this belief system had been with the Nile Valley Afrikans for at least the last 15 to 20 thousand years…I really lost it!!! You see, any scholar of Christianity will tell you that Genesis 1:1 only dates back to 4,004 B.C.

Then, to top it off, I read about the Ancient Afrikan TRINITY; which consisted of Ausar, Aset, and Heru (which the Europeans renamed: Osiris, Isis and HORUS)!!! I came to find out that Horus was the "virgin born, immaculately conceived" son of Osiris. This led me on a sincere and intense search for actual undeniable evidence for the truth.





Seite:

1 | 2